Thursday, October 10, 2013

Maeklong Station - Train Market

Have you ever come across such cute pineapple before?
I don't like pineapple. When I was a kid it always cut my tongue so end up, i give up on pineapple. But this~~ i love it.......I never know pineapple can be so delicious.

Chicken rice in Bangkok.....Quite a few people recommended to try Bangkok chicken rice. For me I have to say, it's taste a bit better then Malaysia. Don't know why the meat is tender to the taste.

Bangkok style of char kueh tiaw. I still prefer Malaysia flavour. Bangkok is more to peanut crunchy taste.......

The small and famous train station market area. Traveler must know that Maeklong Station Train arrive three times a day at 8.30 am, 11.30 am and 3.30 pm

We are lucky that we come at the right time. Our guide really know how to arrange our timing.

It was about 2pm and we took a tour inside the train market before the train come

You will be amazed in what you can find here. From vegetable, fruits to sea creature, pork, local delicacy, herbs, drinks, etc.

My mom almost wanna buy some salted fish back to Miri. instead she ask us to buy the queen of fruit

By the time we're done taking the tour inside the market...it's almost time to watch the arrival of the train. Whenever a train approaches, the awnings and shop fronts are moved back from the rails, to be replaced once the train has passed

To be honest, it's a new experience for me cause normally in other country, safety always come first in which, people are not allowed to stand within a certain distance

But here, Thailand government keep it as it is. You can see the train pass through just inches in front of you.

Of course the train speed is like about 20km/hr. It's slow but there still some dangerous factor to be consider.

The last stop for the train. All the tourist runs towards it like some big star gonna appear anytime.......I just kept my distance.

It was nice seeing you, Maeklong Station.

No comments: