Saturday, November 3, 2012

Penang Trip 7

By the time we reach Kek Lok Si, it's already 3-4 in the evening. The rain just stop and thanks to that we're not over heated when climbing the stairs up to the entrance. I don't remember there were stores alongside the pathway last time. I guess government give the local more business opportunity.

Finally we reach the entrance. Which seem very familiar once.....a few changes here and there to ease tourist movement.

My main purpose is to visit the well known huge 30.2 m bronze statue of the Greatly Compassionate & Sagely Kuan Yin Avalokitesvara.

By the time I reach mid section, I almost can't feel my feet and the thought of climbing again is toucher. Thank god they build this "Incline Lift" that can brings you there. It is an elevated box sized lift mounted on rails. The cost for using the "Incline Lift" will be RM2 each way. So total up is RM4. Inside the box doesn't have air-cond, no window, no nothing. I certainly don't wanna come during peek season. What if somebody actually farted.....?!!!

They plant a lot of flowers along the way and their gardens is very pretty. Make you understand what's the meaning of sanctuary.
Finally I am here. At the foot of the Statue of Kuan Yin. The construction is still on going and no tourist are allowed to go near it.

After visiting here, we went down once more and took a right turn to visit The Pagoda of 10, 000 Buddhas 

Towering over one hundred feet and seven storeys high, The Pagoda is currently the largest of its kind in Malaysia. You can overlook Penang from here. I'm over exhausted by the time we reach zero ground.

No comments: