Friday, September 14, 2012

Passion

Every time I passed my exam, my teacher gave me a small gift. A reminder of our effort for passing the exam. This time she gave me that for passing the Grade 6



One of my grade 7 pieces.
I never would have thought I could achieve such pieces until I practice and practice.
Music is like bits of puzzle, you have to spend time to piece everything together and by the end of the day, you get the whole picture. It may not be as good as the original but at least it is in whole.
To be honest, I never thought I was good at piano until one day I went to a friend's house and started playing a piece on the spot. It felt so good that people actually admiring the song I've played.

I guess my motivation is to be able to present a good picture to the viewer.

1 comment:

Esther G said...

you know. i have a pianist who came to do physio and she said, "at the beginning, you'll hate the theory and the boring, frustrating part of learning the basic. many people quit because of that. it is only when you have reached Grade 5 with years of practice and practice, then you will learn how to love and appreciate playing the piano. from then on, playing the piano is a joy and you will forever love it." i think her advice is really really good. it is all about patience and passion. without one of those, you couldn't reach the stage you are now. BRAVO! Congratulations my friend. XOXO